Time: 1 Hour
1 container of our Vegan Cheddar Cheese
4 Medium Sized Sweet Potatoes
19 oz canned black beans
12 oz can of corn
½ lime- juiced
4 Tomatoes- seeds and insides removed
1 medium onion (yellow or red)- chopped
½ cup of cilantro- finely chopped
1 tsp of onion powder
1/3 cup of tomato sauce
Salt and Pepper to taste
1.Preheat oven to 450 F. Use a fork to make several holes into the sweet potatoes and place them into an oven for 50 minutes.
2. While the potatoes are cooking, prepare the rest of the ingredients. Chop the tomatoes into .5 cm squares and place them into a large bowl (remove the insides of the tomatoes before cutting them).
3. Add the onions, cilantro and the juice of half a lime. Add a dash of salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
4. Add the black beans, corn and tomato sauce to the bowl and mix thoroughly. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
In a separate smaller bowl, add our dairy-free cheese. Add 1 tsp of garlic powder and a dash of salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
5. Scoop 1/3 cup of the homemade “salsa” into the bowl with the cheese mix and mix togther.
6. Once the sweet potatoes are ready, cut into the tops of them creating a hole about 1.5 inches in width that spans across the entire length of the potatos. Using a fork to remove some of the insides of the potatoes, just enough that they can be nicely stuffed with the homemade salsa.
7. Once a small crater has been created in the sweet potatoes, stuff it with the salsa and place a spoonful of dairy-free cheese on top of the salsa.