Time: 50 Minutes
Makes 6-7 slices
· 227 grams of Vegtago Cheddar Cheese
· Red Mills Gluten Free Pizza Crust Mix
· 2 Tbsp of Chia Seeds
· ½ Cup of Tomato Sauce
· 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
· 3 medium-sized mushrooms sliced
· Black Olives
· Salt and Pepper- to taste
· Black Bean Pepperoni (see below for recipe)
· ½ small onion- chopped
· Olive oil
1. To make the actual pizza crust, follow the instructions on the package. They say to use two eggs, additionally, they have on the package an option to make it vegan. We did not have flaxseed powder, so instead, we used 2 tbsp of chia seeds mixed with 6 tbsp of water. Let it sit unit the chia seeds absorb the water.
2. Preheat the oven to 375. Once you have the pizza crust all laid out and ready, start by adding the tomato sauce, then lots and lots of cheese! Next, sprinkle some dried oregano and a dash of salt and pepper. Add the pepperoni, mushrooms, parsley, black olives, onion and whatever other toppings you’d like!
3. Before placing the pizza in the oven, use a brush to add olive oil onto the crust and sprinkle more oregano. We find coating the crust with oil helps to crisp the crust and help it from drying out while it cooks.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Black Bean Pepperoni
Time: 20 Minutes
Makes: 15 pepperoni
· 1 Can of Black Beans- strained and rinsed
· ¼ bunch of parsley- finely chopped
· 1 medium onion- finely chopped
· ½ tbsp dried oregano
· Salt and Pepper
NOTE: We cooked these in our toaster oven because its faster than using a large oven, however, if you do not have a toaster oven, start by preheating the oven to 450 F.
– We used a hand blender to make ours, however, you can use a food processor. If you’re using a food processor, simply add all the ingredients to the processor!
1. Add the black beans to a medium-sized mixing bowl along with the rest of the ingredients.
2. Using a hand blender, mash together all the ingredients until you’re left with a thick paste.
3. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Grab a small scoop of the mixture and shape it so it is flat and circular, just like traditional pepperoni. Do this until everything is used! Cook the pepperonis for 20 minutes.
4. Add them to your pizza and enjoy!